Semester Break

I always begin the break with thoughts of all the leisurely time I will have to do the things that make me feel....creative, whole, purposeful, thoughtful. Somewhere, about ten days before the next semester begins, I feel a momentary panic while I take stock of what I've actually done. This time, I've done a little in all areas, but I've moved no mountains.

*sigh*

Perhaps it's not up to me to be moving mountains, anyway. I can always dream about the day that I can make and keep a regular writing/reading/dreaming schedule?

One thing I have found time for, though by accident (my laptop adapter went, so I could either pick up a book or trudge over to the desk and try to avoid a backache while I wrote....or...egad! do it longhand!) was reading a book an instructor lent to me called "Women's Studies in Religion." I was in the process of putting a paper together on the topic, well, a topic (which kept getting twisted and sidetracked) and I had to reschedule my spring semester, leaving out a class on the subject, so she thought it might help me clarify some of my thoughts. It has, sort of. It's a collection of essays on many different feminist interpretations of several different religions. I found a lot in it, and hopefully, I'll have some exerpts from said paper to soon post here.

Bottom line is that I have two choices, re: this break. I can go back into it kicking myself for not being more economical with my time, for not doling it out to cover more of the areas I consider "nurturing" to myself, or I can recognize that many of the things I've done are nurturing -- and if nurturing others is important to me, they can nurture me as well.

God, that sounds so new-agey. Maybe that's not so bad.

Till later....

Comments

Popular Posts