The End of Another Year -- Beginning of a New One

I took the Shack offline for a few months. I thought I had kept this blog more or less anonymous, just the stories of one life among many, nothing here really to garner notoriety or excessive attention. But, I found, I dropped a few crumbs in other places and it is possible to back track and find my real identity. Those crumbs are still out there, though my conclusion is this -- who really cares? Very few who will ever read this, and in the interim, I've done what I can to explain my purpose for taking up space out here, apologized for unintended hard feelings--stopping short, of course, from apologizing for facts.

But, while I contemplated "who cares," I felt it was prudent to lock the door and let it sit. A short time ago and without any fanfare, I opened it back up. I did learn a few things, though, that I'll do my best to employ in the future.

One is that crisis makes better reading. Turn on the television and try to move through all the channels without finding some crisis-oriented "reality t.v." Betcha can't do it. What isn't as exciting is the resolution to crisis. Like when I go on a rant about something that's bugging me, but I don't write about how I make peace with it. I don't apologize for having strong feelings, and I surely don't apologize for finding serenity--I just rarely post about the latter here. I guess I see the IOCC as a place to do that, but it paints a very incomplete picture. So, if I feel the need to go on a rant, I'm going to try my best to follow it through. I have yet to experience darkness that wasn't followed by dawn. Though obvious, perhaps it needs to be spoken.

**

This past year has been filled to the brim, both with challenges and with blessings. I used to keep track of them here, and maybe, in this upcoming year, I can resume that practice. I'll try. God knows, that's all any of us can do.

Till later...

Comments

Popular Posts