Snow-bound Whine

I'm on my third snow day, which means that for the third day in a row, an official institution has validated my staying at home. But, technically, I'm on my fifth snow day -- five days since I've been more than two feet from my front door. The one time I tried to go out, bundled and with snow shovel in hand, my husband shot me a look (clearly stating without saying a word, "Are you nuts? What do you think you're going to accomplish out here??") and I went back inside. I was productive the first four days, reading, writing, preparing for classes. That all went to hell today as I compulsively followed #snOMGpgh, #howsmystreet and various other hash tags that kept me current on what I missed this week in the city. I realized something when I sent my occasional tweet cyberward: I whine. I'm not happy about it, but I'm happy I'm now aware of it.

So, I'm making a resolution to, if not to cease then to greatly decrease the frequency of my whining -- or, if it's a prolific day, lower the ratio of whine-to-upbeat expressions. That fair, I ask myself? Sure, I answer.

Till later...

Comments

Popular Posts