I realize I've changed. I have a cell phone that has some bells and whistles, and I have no idea how to use them. For my birthday, I got the re-released CSN first cd, and in the jewel case was this card for free CSN ringtones. I thought, "Cool!" I had Layla on my last cell phone, downloaded by my son & paid for by me, but these were free. I texted the appropriate message to the number given, and it tells me I have to go to some kind of media center to retrieve them. I can't find the media center. Oh, well. Midi files of classical music will work just fine, and they come with the phone. Besides, I've located them. I know how to change them.

I had an opportunity to help start a blog site, and in the past, I would have jumped on the chance to "be in on it." It requires that I learn an awful lot of coding, some of which I used to know and have since forgotten, and a bunch that's well beyond where I left off in the coding world. It's daunting, and I've given up. I just can't focus on anything but the writing part. Blogspot, free host of my mental outpourings, is slow as hell -- took me almost ten minutes to get to the composing screen, and I'm on a pretty fast connection (not a lot of Amish gamers/ftp hosts/bloggers on my leg of the cable internet in these here parts) -- so you would think that I would jump at the chance to blog on a site that has few users and a fast connection. *sigh* Tis too much work to get to the end product. I want someone else to do that stuff, someone who enjoys knowing how things work and exterminating all the bugs. Me? I just want it to function.

It was in the low 50s last night, and today, the temp isn't predicted to be above 79. I'm in a denim miniskirt, and the air is a bit cool on my legs. Sure sign that fall is around the corner, waiting to pounce, and that school will come with it. I have a meeting on campus today and then, three of the four children have physicals for fall sports after. I smelled leaves burning last night, and they haven't even begun to turn on the trees. Seasons change, roses die. Roses...next year? Too late this year. My clematis has only had one blossom. There are two more buds, and I pray I remember to "put it to bed" so that it has a chance to shine next spring.

I'm writing now for the sake of writing. It's time to return the Virginia Woolf diaries to the library. The computer is telling me I ran out of renewals. Perhaps they'll check it in & then back out for me? I'm feeling a bit like Virginia today. Noticing things. Reporting on them. Observing, feeling a bit, and then....letting go. More things to see tomorrow.

It's time to go.

Till later....

Comments

Popular Posts