They like to ask, “Where did the pain start?” They usually don’t like the answer I give.

I don’t know where it started. It didn’t start. It’s always been there. At least, that’s what my memory tells me. It didn’t start. It intensified. I can take pain. I can take a lot of pain. If I woke up one morning and had no pain, I would probably think I died during the night.

But it’s okay. The physical pain reminds me that things are better than they ever have been. I can feel. I can experience. I can live. I am feeling, experiencing and living….I just don’t always get to choose what.

Two weeks. Less than. Doctor appointment, new doc, new treatment, maybe. Something that can ease the discomfort without taking away my ability to be me. Something – else – that I can live with. That would be okay.

Till later….

Comments

Popular Posts