Perhaps (I like that word)....

I used to be overly confident, less likely to question my abilities or knowledge on any given subject. I knew a little about lots of things....and I would do my best to convince you that I knew more. That was all part of the "egomaniac with an inferiority complex" issue that most folks like me have experienced.

Now, I question my knowledge a little more. I'm not rushing to learn something about a subject just so I can hold my own in a discussion, "talk intelligently if nothing else."

(The sparrows are fighting over a perch on my lighthouse birdfeeder. Must mean it's time to refill it.)

Where was I? Oh, yes. Now, I can humbly say, "I don't know what the hell I'm doing." That's okay.

I'm trying to learn how to set up a multi-user blog site. I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Or even if it's do-able with the software that a friend so graciously provided (including domain and installation and all that....I'm just the dreamer here).

The sites I'm looking at that offer instructions are all far above my ability to comprehende. It all looks vaguely familiar...I used to work with stuff like this, but it's like my professor who minored in French -- she says if she doesn't read something in French each week, she begins to lose the ability. Use it or lose it. Things move too fast out here for it to be like riding a bike. Maybe I still have the balance, but hopping on a two-wheeled manually-powered bicycle is much different than trying to ride a crotch rocket -- after years of never having taken ones feet off the ground.

Time to humbly say, "I don't know what the hell I'm doing." Because I don't.

Till later....

Comments

Popular Posts