This morning, I awoke to turkeys in the back yard. George said they'd been there nearly an hour, two hens, in the company of two large crows, just foraging and kicking around our little plot of ground. I grabbed my coffee and headed for the front porch to admire yesterday's labors, and the first thing I saw was two deer running across the field opposite me. I had my binoculars, of course, and I just caught them before they mosied into the woods. Looked like a young buck and a doe. As I write, the geese are kicking up a fuss beyond the woods to the left of me and the peacocks are courting their ladies to my right. Buggy Road is abuzz with life this morning.

Speaking of abuzz, there's a wasp nest in the old end table I parked on the porch to hold my watering supplies. I hope Mother Nature understands when I forcefully evict them after sundown.

Lots of things going on, lots of things to be considered. I got word that my 20th class reunion is next month. Now, there's some fodder for the old "I don't want to grow old gracefully" mill. Ah, for another time.

Till later....

Comments

Popular Posts